Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cherry Vanilla Granola

I have been obsessed with granola lately.  Seriously obesessed.  I posted a status on Facebook yesterday about that obsession and a friend asked me for the recipe, which I graciously shared with her.  Then I remembered . . . "hey, I have a blog I haven't updated lately."  So here it is:

Ingredients:
  • 3 c. rolled oats
  • 1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 c. seeds/nuts (I have been using 1/2 c. raw sunflower seeds and 1/2 c. raw pumpkin seeds lately)
  • 1/4 c. coconut oil (or butter)
  • 1/3 c. honey
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 c. dried montmorency cherries
To make:
  • Preheat oven to 300
  • Mix first three ingredients
  • Melt coconut oil and honey on the stove
  • Add salt and vanilla extract
  • Stir honey mixture into oat mixture
  • Spread on parchment lined baking sheet (foil works, but the granola does stick)
  • Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown, gently stirring after 15 minutes
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool
  • Pour into airtight container and stir in dried cherries


Homemade granola allegedly lasts 3-4 weeks in an airtight container.  I haven't tested this theory.  Mine usually lasts 3-4 days before it's gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment